CPX's goal is to continually deliver innovative supply-chain solutions, in order to routinely exceed our promises to our partners.
- 24/7 dispatch operations, ensuring timely communication between trucks and customers
- Dedicated communications department tasked with monitoring trucks, schedules and locations
- Experienced operations staff – with a combined experience of more than 150 years, CPX has some of the most experienced operations people in the industry
- Experienced drivers – CPX is committed to retaining drivers for the long term
- Cross border experience - CPX has well established relationships with most customs brokers as well as US and Canada Customs
- Free and Secure Trade (FAST) approved
- Claims/Insurance – Self-insured, underwritten by Zurich Insurance, making claims and issue resolution very quick for our customers
- SmartWay Transportation Partner
- Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) & Partners in Protection (PIP)
- Satellite equipped power units and trailers
- Asset based fleet of 700 refrigerated units, equipped with satellite communications
- Fleet size – with CPX's very significant volume of trucks on the road, solving issues such as mechanical breakdown or shortage of available equipment is made much easier
- All late model food grade trailers (within 36 months old) equipped with the latest in refrigeration and cold chain technology (Thermo King TracKing telematics)
- Trailer configurations – multiple trailer specs available to match the customers needs within the geographic area being serviced
- TruckMate TMS system
- Proactive repair and maintenance program
- EDI capable – Electronic Billing available
Our operations team consists of dispatch and communications staff that is available 24/7, 365 days per year. Each of our team members have completed our comprehensive internal training program. Upon completion, our staff are capable of utilizing our in-house programs such as TruckMate and PeopleNet.
Truckload and LTL
CPX provides both full truckload (TL) and less-than-truckload (LTL) services throughout many areas of North America specializing on the US I-5 corridor and Western Canada. With a combination of daily dedicated and versatile departure schedules for all lanes we can meet any commitment our customers require.
With a particular focus with respect to just-in-time delivery requirements utilizing both single & team expedited service and a diverse trailer fleet we can continually deliver innovative supply chain solutions to exceed our customers' expectations.
Warehouse & Distribution
Our warehouse and distribution facilities operate on a 24/7 basis. A range of features – including temperature controlled storage, cross-docking, inventory management, and transloading services – ensure that we can deal with a variety of requirements for our customers.
- Multi-temp cooler facility
- RF technology used
- EDI compatible
- Customer online viewing of inventory
- Temperature monitored
- Cross docking
- Short term and long term storage
- Container unloading
- Case-pick and piece-pick
- Slip sheet unloading
- Order creation
- Inventory management control
- HACCP compliant (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point)
- Gold Standard in Good Distribution Center Practices
- On-site offices
Our brokerage department is a dependable and reliable service provider to the CPX asset division, ensuring we provide our corporate clients with exceptional supply chain solutions.
With our capabilities, CPX is a ‘full service’ business partner within the transportation and logistics industry and a primary service provider within BC, Alberta and the US West Coast region. CPX provides flexible and tailored solutions encompassing TL and LTL services and the necessary warehouse and distribution capacities to augment the over-the-road services.
Drayage and Shunt Services
Our terminal locations in Surrey, Nanaimo, Calgary, and Edmonton allow CPX to provide local options for TL, LTL, and container drayage.
We also provide on-site shunt services for any facility or yard.